Thursday, January 5, 2006

Resurrecting an Idea

This was traveling around St. Blog's Parish last March. I like it and am posting it again.

Describe yourself with three quotes - serious, ironic, humorous, whatever - from various literary sources. I remember that some people described themselves physically. I preferred to go for the "inner man" (so to speak).

Here are mine:
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."
Desiderius Erasmus

"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use the pile driver. Hit the point once. then come back and hit it again. Then hit a third time; a tremendous whack."
Winston Churchill

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."
C.S. Lewis
Like it? Pick it up and pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment