Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Kiss of Christ

Russians call this sacrament [confession] "the kiss of Christ." The Russian-born writer Catherine de Hueck Doherty said that her mother taught her to talk to Jesus in confession as if she were talking to her own father:
I would ... tell him how sorry I was for having done something he didn't like. In my imagination, Christ hugged me and said something like, "That's all right, little girl. I know it's not easy to always do the right thing." Then he would kiss me and bless me and say, "Now go and play."
Catholic Passion by David Scott
Beautiful, isn't it? Maybe that helps explain to others why so many of us see Confession as a beautiful sacrament.

And, here is a really wonderful testimony in real life where confession was an answer to prayer. Don't miss reading about how the Holy Spirit moves us and those around us to give us what we really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment