Thursday, September 28, 2006

Poetry Thursday

Second in our limited series by the house poet (there's nothing like a Creative Writing class for a regular output of poetry): Rose.
You Can

You can tear it down, wall by wall
You can take my home from me

You can rip them away, one and all
You can take my family from me

You can make me face learn to glare
You can take my love from me

You can make me no longer care
You can take my hate from me

You can drag me through the driving rain
You can take my pride from me

You can taunt, jeer, laugh at my pain
You can take my joy from me

You can tell me it could be worse
You can take my pain from me

You can turn each day into a curse
You can take my hope from me

You can force me into iron chains
You can take my freedom from me

You can spill the blood in my veins
You can take my life from me

You can laugh at belief, tear downs my ideals
You can take my faith from me

But with me, you can make no deals
You can’t take my soul from me

No comments:

Post a Comment