Monday, February 4, 2008

Now That's Good Football

Finally, the Super Bowl had that rarest of occurrences, two teams who were well matched and who fought it out until the end. My favorite moment of the game ... when Eli Manning popped out running from two defenders who I thought surely had him down and then threw to ... can't remember the other player (Mary tells me it was David Tyree ... fantastic catch!) who caught the ball on top of his helmet and went to the ground clutching it for a huge advance in yards. Second favorite moment of the game was seeing big brother Peyton Manning's ecstatic reaction to the final touchdown throw in the last minute of the game.

Its a good thing that the game was good since there were not too many new commercials and, of those, few were very good. Two of those were from the NFL itself.

One was the tribute "We Are Americans" which brought a tear to our eyes. It was nice to see some unabashed pride in America.



Or how about the NFL ad featuring the oboe player working in the grocery store who'd never thought of playing football?



My other favorite ad was the Carville Frist Coke Ad. If only it were this easy, I'd spring for some Coca Cola for the government myself. However, I like this view of shared humanity under the politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment