Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's official ... I am now a Robert Downey Jr. groupie

Like a lot of people, I sat up and took notice of him in Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang. He was irresistible as the bumbling narrator of that film noir satire.

Also his ability to look reality in the eye and come out with a balanced perspective doesn't hurt either ...
I have a really interesting political point of view, and it’s not always something I say too loud at dinner tables here, but you can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal. You can’t. I wouldn’t wish that experience on anyone else, but it was very, very, very educational for me and has informed my proclivities and politics every since.


And, he was fantastic in Iron Man as the devil-may-care playboy who has his eyes opened and becomes the world weary savior of the little guy.

So, yeah, I'm a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment