Friday, December 19, 2008

Prayer Request

A dear friend of mine and her two children were found murdered this morning. Please pray for their souls, for her husband, for those of us who are devastated by this terrible news, and ... for the soul of her murderer. May God have mercy on him.

UPDATE
I really cannot write anything right now. I guess that's a sign of how distressed I am, that we all are, when I cannot even think about writing. The beautiful thing is to see how many friends are coming together in different groups saying rosaries for the slain ones and for her husband who is suffering right now in a way that none of us can comprehend. I also am thankful that I heard Immaculee's interviews about forgiveness which I mentioned earlier. It makes it possible for me to pray for the soul of whoever did this terrible thing. St. Maria Goretti, pray for us.

Thank you so much to all those who are praying, whether commenting or not. Mark Windsor very kindly sent me a piece he wrote and it is both eloquent and true. I am posting it as it is a very good reflection on what our priest said last night to a group of us who gathered in mourning, "This is as close to the true face of Evil as we will see in this world."

1 comment:

  1. Please pray for me, Joy to heal from a dental procedure which has turned disasterous.

    Please pray for Jeffery, a friend who recently had a stroke. May he have a speedy recovery, we pray for his family that they are able to deal with this setback.

    Pray for my husband, Trestrail for his health to remain great and that he gets his working license renewed without incident.

    Thank you St Maria Goretti for your constant love and guidance. We love you both.

    ReplyDelete