Friday, March 13, 2009

Look, Hannah! This Blog's for You! (All About St. Gemma)

Hannah's patron saint is St. Gemma, chosen because she was ill quite a lot at that time in her life and so was St. Gemma. As if often the case, our patrons sneak up on us with the most obvious of reasons. We then later discover that the connection goes more than skin deep (as with St. Martha and me).

Hannah was mentioning St. Gemma to me just the other day and I know that she is going to be delighted to peruse St. Gemma Galgani which has much to teach us about "The Gem of Christ."

Glenn, whose blog it is, has done a wonderful job and tells us:
In it I have numerous excerpts from her writings, including her entire autobiography (published with approval from the Postulator General of the Passionists), and many tracts from her diary and letters. Also I have a extensive photo gallery with numerous pictures pertaining to her holy life.
  • The blog is strictly for devotional purposes ...
  • As stated on the website, I endeavor always to be in union with the Pope and the teachings of the Magisterium of the Church.
  • My blog has been reviewed by Catholic Culture (Petersnet) and has earned the Catholic Culture Fidelity award for excellence in Catholic fidelity. Read their review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment