Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I'm broken."

Finally got a chance to watch the season premiere of House which I found surprisingly riveting. Just as surprising was the fact that I was on House's side to beat the doctor, mistakenly so, until we were brought to the same realizations as House was.

"I need help."

"They didn't break me. I'm broken."

Those words, spoken in such a realistic way, made me think not only of House's situation in the psychiatric ward, but of myself. Of all of us, truth be told.

That is why an encounter with Christ leaves us joyful, happy, hopeful. We are broken and it is only He who can show us reality, show us how to become more and more the people we were created to be.

A difficult road though not nearly as difficult for me as for some others. For which I am thankful.

There was a lot of truth in that show on many levels and I continue to be impressed with the writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment