Friday, September 26, 2014

Well Said: Rain

Planting seeds inevitably changes my feelings about rain.
Luci Shaw
Context is all. The trick is to keep the context when it is outside one's immediate experience. Or to say it another way, the trick is thinking outside the box, thinking outside my box.

Being a Christian has made me much better at that because Jesus continually demands it. All you have to do is read the Gospels with any attention to see how He was always asking people to tilt their heads and look at things from a new angle, from God's angle. I forget to do that a lot of the time, but I do remember sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Needed this today. This quote and your thoughts. Wish I could write them on my wall, although my husband might not appreciate that. :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete